Knowledge is bliss. Education brings Knowledge. SRKKF values education to an extent that it has planned to utilize majority of its resources in this sector. To create, nurture and to disseminate knowledge, SRKKF will work in accordance to UN SDG 4 which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
To permeate this mission across the masses, we have initiated, organized and executed several remedial education workshops, mostly targeted towards the rural segments. Our plans also cover the urban strata through advanced academic programs, personality development, counselling and skill based training activities to groom the young generation, boost their confidence and inculcate leadership abilities which in the long run will herald ‘Knowledge for All’.
1. IIM-A & SRKKF Annual Lecture Series: SRKKF has entered into a MoU with renowned IIM-A for dissemination and acknowledgement of knowledge and wisdom of individuals from various fields. Initiating Annual Lecture Series, inviting prominent people to drive debate on significant social issues. The lecture series will be an important event on IIM-A’s calendar, and will encourage students and invitees to enter into dialogue – often about difficult subjects – in order to address the challenges faced by society today.
- Dr. Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor, Reserve Bank of India delivered a maiden lecture in this series in December 2016 at IIM-A.
- Noble Laureate Prof. Eric S. Maskin delivered the second lecture on ‘Mechanism Design Theory’ in February 2018.
2. Shree Ramkrishna Research and Knowledge Institute of Diamonds (SRKID): SRKKF runs SRKID, a skill development program and an authorized training center for workers of diamond industry. It provides training to young people aspiring to make their career in diamond industry.
3. School Empowerment Program (SEP): Under this program, we have adopted five government schools of rural areas for better learning and teaching outcome. SEP focuses on holistic development of children and aims to provide better opportunities to those schools which are deprived of materialistic facilities and will withstand to boost their moral values and ethics.
Our Primary objective is to empower –
(c) Human Resource
(e) Imparting Innovative thinking – various skills
4. Research Scholarship Program (RSP): SRKKF Research Scholarship is being offered to Ph.D/Researchers in various disciplines. We encourage the research of these scholars that contribute to the nation’s development by their innovative reach. Through RSP, our objective is to offer financial and moral support to those intellectuals who aspire to contribute in the making of new India.
SRKKF is associated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University (VNSGU), Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (MSU) and Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology,Surat (SVNIT) for the program.
5. Wisdom – A series of lectures: Knowledge is infinite. It can not be restricted anywhere or with anyone. Great people share, guide and use the acquired knowledge for welfare of the mankind. SRKKF believes to respect and acknowledge polymaths of 21st Century. It performs the role of a bridge among scholars and individuals from society under the project ‘Wisdom – A series of lectures’ for intellectuals, academicians, thinkers, writers,creative artists, businessmen,scientists, and young entrepreneurs.
6. Distinguished PGPX Faculty Awardees : Giving away an Award to a Meritorious Teacher for his/her outstanding achievement or contribution in academics and other socially relevant areas which may be determined by a Special Jury consisting of individuals of wisdom.
Prof. Viswanath Pingali
Viswanath Pingali is an associate professor in the economics area at IIM-A. His research interests includes industrial economics, with special focus on healthcare and behavioral economics. His electives, game theory and applications, and game theory and experiments, deal with strategic thinking, and how individuals make decisions. These electives are immensely popular with students of two year PGP and one year PGPX respectively. His current research and consulting interests are in the field of competition and competition law (including Competition Commission of India), behavioral nudges, demand estimation, and strategic decisions in pharmaceutical markets. On his excellent academic contribution, SRKKKF awarded him with SRK PGPX Faculty Award for the year 2019.
Dr. Ravindra Dholakia
Dr. Ravindra H. Dholakia, a faculty of economics and public systems at IIM, Ahmedabad, has more than 38 years of experience in regional economic development, economic analysis and policy, international economics and health economics. His current research and consultancy interests are in the fields like demand analysis and forecasting, social cost-benefit analysis, analysis of macroeconomic environment and policy, analysis of economic growth and productivity, international trade related issues, fiscal policy and public debt, etc. SRKKF proudly honours him with SRK PGPX Faculty Award – 2018.
Prof. Saral Mukherjee
Saral Mukherjee is an Associate Professor in the Production & Quantitative Methods Area at IIM-A. He specializes in Operations Management and is involved in research, teaching and consulting in the area of supply chain redesign courses. His elective ‘Élephants and Cheetahs,’ focused on supply chain responsive practices, is immensely popular. He has been awarded the ‘Marti Mannariah Gurunath Outstanding Teacher Award’ in 2014. He is a recipient of SRK PGPX Faculty Award – 2017.
Prof. Arindam Banerjee
Banerjee Arindam is an Associate Professor at IIM-A. His area of research includes econometric modelling of stomer response to marketing mix variables in the context of a retail environment, using both aggregated and individual level purchase data. Dr. Banerjee’s current researches are Economics of Consumer Information Search, Datamining of Customer response data in Financial Services and Marketing Analytics. He was awarded as SRK PGPX Faculty Award for the year 2016.